[Zope-dev] Re: Renamed the Zope package to Zope2 and including Zope 3 packages in Zope 2.8

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Feb 3 17:08:54 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote at 2005-2-2 19:09 +0100:

>>What other use cases are floating around?
>

> The CMF user group would like to use Zope3's events and subscriptions to
> make creation, deletion and modification interception more flexible.

Yes, those are definitely useful. I mean, I don't doubt there are use
cases for something like Five, I'm talking about use cases for moving
Zope 3 packages into Zope 2. Presumably you'd like to be able to
subscribe to events and the like, so does that mean Zope 2 needs ZCML
too? You quickly get very close to Five territory then.

> Me, too, I am very interested in object creation/deletion/modification
> events for a loose coupled architecture involving content,
> associations, workflow -- all interfacing with one another
> via the above mentioned events.

Part of the Zope 3 event story is actually already implemented in Five,
though not tested a lot as far as I know.

Regards,

Martijn