[Zope-dev] Extending SiteErrorLog

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Jan 12 10:32:51 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm starting to prepare an extension for the SiteErrorLog that will
allow you to store the detailed view of an Exception as a file on the
server (directory will be configurable from zope.conf).

I'm adding this feature because we have consulting situations where it
is easier to transport a file on the server to us, than from the
workstation we are using. The "copy to error log" isn't exactly the
same. Also it doesn't need to be done for *every* exception, but I like
to take a "snapshot" of single pathological exceptions.

If you have any comments to this, I'd be happy to include those in my
thoughts. I'm starting to prepare that on a branch for Zope 2.8.

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -