[Zope-dev] FYI: test.py changes rolled back

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Thu Jan 13 04:59:50 EST 2005

I have restored test.py to the version shipping with Zope 2.7.3. The
changes made to accommodate Florent's use-case (adjacent symlinks)
broke some of mine. In particular, without calling realpath (or
abspath) on libdir, trailing slashes caused no tests to be found, as
did some combinations of '.' and '..'. [1]

I am confident we can find a way to solve this, but wanted to avoid
releasing a "challenged" test runner with Zope 2.7.4.

Florent, in the meantime I am hoping you can run your tests by using a
combination of --libdir and --dir flags. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stefan

[1] The real issue in PathInit IMO is the return value of os.getcwd(),
which is realpath'd one some systems and abspath'd on others...

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/