[Zope-dev] accents in rst

Thierry Benita tbenita at atreal.net
Mon Jan 24 03:53:11 EST 2005

Andreas Jung a écrit :

> --On Montag, 24. Januar 2005 1:09 Uhr +0100 Thierry Benita
> <tbenita at atreal.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to get a full support of accents in rst in Zope 2.7.3 I try to
>> add the translation of accents and special chars into entities.
>

> reST should be competely unicode-aware *if* your settings are correct
> (see etc/zope.conf).

zope.conf is configured in utf-8 ; the plone site is defined as utf-8 ;
the system environment (linux) is set in utf-8, the browser is in utf-8
but accents break the analysis of stx.

If I write entities in the rst document (which isn't user friendly) the
analysis is correct (but the html render doesn't have the entity but the
coresponding char).

That's why I thought to translate the accents to entities before the
analysis of the stx text, in the StructuredText package.

Thierry.