[Zope-dev] Extending Zope's ZConfig Schema in a Product?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 08:27:02 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I don't know if it helps at all, but there's a concrete example of
> allowing a 3rd-party product to add a section to zope.conf via %import
> in the ClockServer product at
> http://www.plope.com/software/ClockServer/ .  It sounds from your
> description exactly like what you want to do, although it adds a section
> rather than just a key, which might be fine for your case.

I'll note what you didn't.  ;-)  This works for ClockServer because
you're adding a server type, and those are already allowed in the Zope
configuration.

This doesn't cover the case of a section that isn't an
"implementation" of an abstract section type already accepted by the
Zope configuration (log handlers, servers, databases, storages...
that's all I can remember off the top of my head).

The general case of being able to add a section (or anything else)
isn't covered by the current implementation.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation