[Zope-dev] Extending Zope's ZConfig Schema in a Product?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:10:22 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> That just has the disadvantage that you're increasing the number of
> configuration files to maintain in an instance. If it's imported and
> used in zope.conf at leaast there's just one file to deal with...

This is true.  Is that really important, though?

Adding this ability would be a new feature, so not available until
2.9.  I got the impression people want to do this now.  It makes a lot
more sense to pick something that can be used both now and into the
future than hack something together.

If someone wants to create a way to manage product-specific
configurations in a single file, it's not hard to create a Python
package to support that, and products that want to have their
configuration placed in that file could set themselves up to use
%import in that file.

I've no need of that myself, but others are certainly welcome to
create such a package; it may be a reasonable addition for 2.9, and
could be distributed separately for use with 2.7/2.8.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation