[Zope-dev] [Zope 2] Skipping beta releases?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Jul 3 03:13:48 EDT 2005

Hi,

the current release model of Zope 2 is based on doing at least one beta
release for minor releases (Zope 2.7.X where  X > 0). I have the strong
impression that beta releases are not adopted and tested by most people.
They usually use the "final" version of a release. So most bugs are
discovered in final releases and not in beta releases. People interested in
the most current version can and do download the sources from the CVS or
SVN. So I propose to skip beta releases for minor releases in the future.
Alpha and beta releases are fine for major releases. Beta releases for a
minor release can be made if there are some changes or fixes that must be
tested by people.

Any comments?

Andreas