[Zope-dev] bridging Zope core interfaces - a small proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Jul 6 11:04:11 EDT 2005

Hi!

Five comes with some code that bridges Zope 2 interfaces to Zope 3
interfaces. This way Zope 2 interface definitions can be reused without
adding redundant code.

This is quite useful, but doesn't work for Zope core interfaces: Five
depends one many Zope core packages and using Five code in these
packages creates circular imports.

I propose to move the Five bridging code (bridge.py,
fiveconfigure.createZope2Bridge and related tests) to the Interface
package of Zope 2. Five would still ship with a copy of that code for
Zope 2.7 backwards compatibility.

Any comments? If there are no objections, I'll check in these changes.

Cheers,

	Yuppie