[Zope-dev] Re: [Proposal] Drop Mount.py from ZODB 3.5

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Jun 4 06:06:05 EDT 2005

On 4 Jun 2005, at 08:07, Balazs Ree wrote:
> Now I would like to pose a question to all of you. I am of course not
> worried if Mount.py is getting phased out completely, since I would be
> able to take over the code from it into my subclass. But according
> to my
> use case described above, am I on the right track with my
> implementation?
> Or (supposing that Mount.py disappears) what would be the
> "canonical" way
> of achieving what I want from within Zope?

For a migration situation like yours I would highly suggest you use a
simple script that acts as a ZEO client to two ZEO servers, one
holding the old data and one serving a fresh storage that becomes the
migration target. The old and new product directories must be
stitched into the PYTHONPATH so both codebases can be located. This
isn't all that hard.

jens