[Zope-dev] [Proposal] Drop Mount.py from ZODB 3.5

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sat Jun 4 10:32:48 EDT 2005

[Jim Fulton]
> Tim, you should have noted, for the benefit of Zope users, that the itent
> was to move this module into Zope, where it belongs.

If I knew I was sending the msg to zope-dev, I would have <wink>.  That is,
this message was _intended_ to go to zodb-dev, but I got fooled into
accepting my mailer's auto-completion suggestion after typing the "zo" part.
There's more about the Zope issues on the Collector issue:

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1800

> Given Shane's comments, it would be much better, for Zope 2.9, to
> reimplement Zope mounting using ZODB's new multi-database support.

Yes, and the Collector issue mentioned that.  If Shane doesn't beat me to
it, I'll add his migration outline to that issue.  (And thank you, Shane!
It sounds like the right plan to me -- but what do I know about Zope
mounting <0.5 wink>.)