[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Zope 2.8 coming this weekend

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jun 10 16:07:37 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 03:40:41PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Paul Winkler]
> > Holy crap, FAQ.txt is reeeeally crufty.
> > It's loaded with pcgi information and other useless crap.
> > Gimme a minute to come up with a better patch.
> > I should make a branch for this.
>
> I vote you check in changes instead, until you run out of time.

OK, done on 2_8-branch and merged to trunk.

> Every
> improvement will lessen confusion for countless multitudes until the
> end of time.  Perfection is overrated <0.9 wink>.

Yeah, e.g. even if we never get our butts in gear to "release" it,
Chris's 2.7 version of the Zope Book is still vastly better than
the 2.6 version (which was vastly better than 2.5, etc.)

> Thanks for doing it, BTW!  Some things get so out of date that
> paralysis is the natural reaction -- but a chain of small improvements
> can turn that around.

Agreed. If I had nothing else to do I would poke around in that directory
some more. I think WEBSERVERS.txt could use some attention, and
probably others too.

Sadly there's other things in doc/ that could use the attention,
and I have to get back to Real Work now.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com