[Zope-dev] Verbose security for Zope 2.8 or 2.9

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Jun 15 11:29:56 EDT 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> What is the dependency on the python implementation, is it just
> _embed_permission_in_roles ? Didn't you succeed in patching the C
> version too in some earlier versions of VerboseSecurity ?

Currently, the C code makes no attempt to raise verbose errors.  I've
never patched the C code, although I doubt it would be very difficult.
(Perhaps you're referring to previous monkey patches that replaced a
method implemented in C with a Python version.)

Anyone familiar with the security machinery is welcome to give it a
shot. :-)

Shane