[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Nuxeo supports Zope Corp announces

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Jun 17 09:48:17 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 07:52 -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> Also, I agree with Andreas and Philipp that developers should be members, not
> companies. Otherwise, how could I, as an independent developer, have a say?
> BTW, this is also positive for companies, since they can have several
> developers being members. In the proposed scenario, my one-man shop would
> have a lot of power compared to larger companies, such as ZC, Nuxeo, etc.

+1 if only because...

>From what I read from Rob in an interview in LWN, membership to the
foundation will be funded by membership dues.  I think the dues
structure is what will eventually determine who can afford to become a
member.  I'd definitely pay for membership if I could credibly afford
it.  It seems like the easiest way to make sure this could happen is to
charge on a per-person basis rather than on a per-company basis, with
larger companies signing up more individuals as necessary/desired.

- C