[Zope-dev] Re: ZCatalog getObject broken

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Mar 11 12:11:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 15:47 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > In the current getObject problem that concerns us, we want to do better
> > that restrictedTraverse,
>
> Why? As far as any problems I had go, it was purely the "returning None
> when the user can see the object" that was the bug. Provided getObject
> raises unauthorised when a user isn't allowe to see something, that
> works for me.
>
> Now, I'm obiously missing something, so what is the problem that you and
> Roché are having?

I don't get why you're not getting it :-)

A, B and C are folders nested in each other i.e. A/B/C. A user does not
have access to A and B but he does have access to C. If getObject uses
restrictedTraverse it returns None immediately when traversing A, even
though the user is allowed to access C. If getObject was working
properly it would have returned C.

The rest of the discussion basically boils down to figure out if the
user is allowed to access C or not.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                   http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za