[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Heads-up: Zope 2.8, Zope 3 and Five

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Mar 16 04:24:06 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:31:51PM +0100, Christian Heimes wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >[Could you point me to the issue or mail describing the old-style BTree
> >problem? I may have run into it under another name or something.]
>
> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1695
>
> Persistent* were fixed yesterday by Tim Peters

Thanks for the pointer.

[snip]
> That sounds a little bit better but Jim was worried for a long time to
> add zope.interfaces and related. Just read the last discussion over
> adding parts of ZopeX3 to Zope2.8.

I was involved with the discussion. It actually turns out stitching in
parts of Zope 3 is much much harder than stitching in all of it; the
latter is just a distribution issue.

> On the other hand we maybe get more developers from Five and ZopeX3 into
> Zope2 because they want to use Zope 2.8.
>
> Let's see what the future will reveal us.

Yes. And again, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm
coming from the same direction.

Regards,

Martijn