[Zope-dev] Clarification re: Zope X3.1, 2.8

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Mar 18 12:20:19 EST 2005

--On Freitag, 18. März 2005 18:03 Uhr +0100 Martijn Faassen
<faassen at infrae.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 05:42:05PM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> --On Freitag, 18. M?rz 2005 11:22 Uhr -0500 Brian Lloyd <brian at zope.com>
>> wrote:
>> >  - In the next few days at most, after a few loose ends are
>> >    wrapped up, we'll ask Andreas to make a 2.8 beta 1 release.
>> >    While Jim still has a few things to do, people will be able
>> >    to start using the beta for real work.
>>
>> I think that the following outstanding to-dos for Zope 2.8 should be
>> completed before a
>> beta release:
>>

> [snip todos]
>
> I understand that Jim won't have time to do these until mid-april. Is
> it absolutely impossible to ship a beta which is 'non optimized' or
> something? I mean, we got Silva and Plone running on Zope 2.8..

A beta release should be feature-complete means it should contain
everything that will be part of the final release. A beta should not
development release where things are subject to change in some way.
We can do an alpha 2 of course with everything you want but as long
as there is longer list of outstanding issues I won't consider the current
SVN trunk as beta quality.

Andreas