[Zope-dev] Re: Zope on Windows - REQUEST for volunteers

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 16:08:52 EST 2005

Mark Hammond wrote:
> A quick search for "windows" doesn't show too many.  As far as I can tell,
> all but 2 (1689 and 1728) are fixed with my patches.  I also note that my
> patches have been sitting there for a number of months now - so I humbly
> suggest the problem is not simply a lack of appropriate fixes :)

Yes, but it is a shortage of people knowledgeable enough to merge them ;-)

> In my experience, that is not true.  Zope on Windows is generally as stable
> as Zope on any platform.

I'll second that.

> * All Zope versions are clearly "broken" (as above) in fundamental (but
> generally the same) ways on Windows, but the status of my patches as
> "features" vs "bugfixes" is unclear - especially given my lack of
> understanding of the culture or the Zope world beyond Plone.

They're bugfixes, I don't think anyone would complain if you fixed 2.7
AND 2.8 ;-)

> I understand I could probably gain committer privileges but as mentioned, I
> wouldn't quite know what to do with them if I did <wink>

Well, you could merge your patches. I suspect you're the only person
knowledgeable and confident enough to do so. Many people would thank you
for it though :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk