[Zope-dev] Patch: Enable Unicode in ParsedXML

Clemens Robbenhaar robbenhaar at espresto.com
Thu Mar 24 06:42:04 EST 2005

Hi Patrick,

 > this is my first post to this list so I'm not sure this is proper way
 > to submit a patch. If it is not, please direct me to the correct
 > place.
 >
 > This patch enables Unicode characters in qualified names for XML
 > documents stored with the ParsedXML product.

 First, thanks for the patch!

 Second, ParsedXML is not a core Zope product (normally you should have
to install it separately). zope-dev is not exactly the right list to
post for add-on products most of the time.
 Ususally there is a README.txt in such a separate product containing
contact information for patches, etc.

 I just checked the ParsedXML README and the information there is quite
out of date and contains a couple of stale links ... I will bug Martijn
Faassen as he is the current maintainer ;-)

 And, no, the zope core collector is no good place for it.

Cheers,
Clemens