[Zope-dev] Re: Clarification re: Zope X3.1, 2.8

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:56:23 EST 2005

[Tres]
>> - Setting up an 'svn:external' link to the Zope X3 3.0 repository
>>   (which is on a branch, pruned to include only the packages which were
>>   actually released with 3.0).

[Tim]
> Just noting that this may create new but short-lived problems for
> developers on Windows (can't tell for sure until I try it; has to do
> with PuTTY's "symbolic names", and the unlikelihood that any
> Windowshead has "svn.zope.org" set up as a symbolic name now).

Bit o' good news:  there doesn't appear to be a Windows problem here
(might have been if we were using svn+ssh:, but not with plain svn:
access).

> IOW, ignore ZODB entirely:  if the tests pass on the branch, they
> should continue to pass on the trunk after the merge, since the ZODBs
> on branch and trunk should be exactly the same right now.

Using a fresh checkout:

"""
five\lib\python$ svn log -rHEAD:0 -v --stop-on-copy ZODB ZEO ^
                               persistent transaction BTrees ThreadedAsync ^
                               Persistence ZopeUndo
r29469 | efge | 2005-03-15 06:23:03 -0500 (Tue, 15 Mar 2005) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   A /Zope/branches/five-integration (from /Zope/trunk:29468)

Branch where integration of Five will take place.

five\lib\python$ cd ..\..\utilities
five\utilities$ svn log -rHEAD:0 -v --stop-on-copy ZODBTools
r29469 | efge | 2005-03-15 06:23:03 -0500 (Tue, 15 Mar 2005) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   A /Zope/branches/five-integration (from /Zope/trunk:29468)

Branch where integration of Five will take place.
"""

IOW, no changes have been checked in to any ZODB code on
five-integration branch, so it should indeed be identical to the ZODB
code still on Zope trunk.

The same appears true of zdaemon and ZConfig too, and AFAIK that
covers all the "external" code stitched in to Zope apart from new
external code introduced on the five-integration branch.