[Zope-dev] Re: Clarification re: Zope X3.1, 2.8

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Mar 31 10:58:27 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:

>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>>> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> [snip]

>>> Perhaps we should make a X3.0.1.  This is fairly long overdue
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, we could make a branch for use in 2.8.  I don't
>>> think this would really be a problem.
>>
>> We already have one:  it was needed in order to remove the "excess"
>> packages (the ones tagged as being in X3.0, without actually being
>> installed by the zpkg stuff).
>
> You want to do the get_transaction() changes on that then, and not on
> the ZopeX3.0 branch proper?

Depends.  If somebody has an appetite for making a 3.0.1 release (not
me!) then make the branch compatible with ZODB 3.4.  We can then
re-branch to create the 2.8 extract (probably by merging the changes
from our current branch).

>> Adding the required methods to the zope.app.mail.delivery thingy should
>> take less than an hour, I think.
>>

> I'm not following this. What required methods with what
> zope.app.mail.delivery? I thought we were talking about ZODB 3.4 related
> changes here.

ZODB 3.4 updates the transaction.IDataManager contract (documents what
was always the real contract), which causes a test in that package to
fail.  Again, we can "fix" it on the 3.0 branch, if a release is planned
there, or else just fix it on our own branch.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com