[Zope-dev] Re: relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Fri May 6 12:24:48 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> Yes. I still don't see where the need for incompatability is. Maybe I'm
> just blind. Can someone explain?

I no longer see a problem. If we make sure the Five interfaces and those
in the Zope tree are the same, there are no incompatibilities.

>> By the way, I've just merged in Five 1.0 into Zope 2.8 (which was a
>> significant amount of work, due to all kinds of copyright headers
>> being different).

Can't we use the same headers for Five 1.0 and Zope 2.8? Both releases
are ZPL 2.1, aren't they? Are there other things you did have to change?

> Cool. I can imagine that it was quite dificult. By the way, I think we
> should have yuppie's r11978 in it (which means we need it on Five-1.0
> branch and a Five 1.0.1 release, probably).
>
> Gee, I would do the merge myself my laptop wasn't broken. I'm on a
> Windoze machine right now on which I quickly installed Thunderbird to be
> at least a little communicative :).

Sorry. I didn't think Martijn would merge in Five today. Please let me
know if can help to put things straight.

Cheers, Yuppie