[Zope-dev] Re: relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri May 6 12:48:20 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:

>>> By the way, I've just merged in Five 1.0 into Zope 2.8 (which was a
>>> significant amount of work, due to all kinds of copyright headers
>>> being different).
>

> Can't we use the same headers for Five 1.0 and Zope 2.8? Both releases
> are ZPL 2.1, aren't they? Are there other things you did have to change?

Yes, some other things like taking out the monkey.py module, and some
documentation differences.

I want to get the headers in synch inside Five eventually, just didn't
want to do it for Five 1.0.

>> Cool. I can imagine that it was quite dificult. By the way, I think we
>> should have yuppie's r11978 in it (which means we need it on Five-1.0
>> branch and a Five 1.0.1 release, probably).
>>
>> Gee, I would do the merge myself my laptop wasn't broken. I'm on a
>> Windoze machine right now on which I quickly installed Thunderbird to
>> be at least a little communicative :).
>
> Sorry. I didn't think Martijn would merge in Five today. Please let me
> know if can help to put things straight.

I'd been putting it off, and all this, especially Andreas' note,
reminded me I should do it. If you can get your fixes checked into the
Zope 2.8 trunk (as well as in the Five-1.0 branch) then we should be
fine (assuming you can check into svn.zope.org? Otherwise just put it in
the branch and I'll port it into Zope 2.8).

Regards,

Martijn