[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8 on hold

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sat May 7 13:37:39 EDT 2005

--On Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 12:56 Uhr -0400 Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [Andreas Jung]
>> At least the following are important (besides the problem with the
>> Winbuilder)
>
> What WinBuilders problem?  I keep hearing there's "a problem" there,
> but don't know what it is -- and I had no problem using WinBuilders
> for Zope 2.8.

I know only that Christian had problems (according to his posting some
days ago). I can not comment and can not value these issues. But there
seems to be something.

> Note that these two aren't about Zope 2.8, they're about Zope 2.7.6:
>
>> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1763
>> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1711
>
> Both appear to be due to that Zope 2.7.6 on Windows shipped with a
> wrong (too old) version of pywin32, and continued to repackage pywin32
> in the old (certifiably insane <0.7 wink>) "flat" way.
>
> Mark Hammond submitted patches to install a correct version of
> pywin32, and in a correct way.  Those patches were incorporated into
> WinBuilders, so it's hard to understand how Zope 2.7.6 on Windows got
> built the way it did.  Can only guess the installer was built using an
> out-of-date WinBuilders checkout, with an out-of-date pywin32, applied
> to an up-to-date Zope checkout.

Christian should know...as I said...I have no idea about how this
windows stuff works and what it does...so I depend on the competence of
you windows guys :-)

-aj