[Zope-dev] Re: Refresh and dumping the cache

Dylan Jay gmane at dylanjay.com
Fri May 13 04:02:18 EDT 2005

I guess its not critical but its unhelpful due to
a) Its nicer to users to upgrade products via refresh rather to bounce the
server
b) Its a pain when debugging memory leaks as you have to restart the server
for any code change.

I don't know the refresh code but would I be right in saying that a minimise
before doing the refresh would be a simple fix?

--
Dylan Jay
---
"Andreas Jung" <lists at andreas-jung.com> wrote in message
news:6E070B5BE67F838D65169854 at localhost...

--On Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 16:06 Uhr +1000 Dylan Jay <gmane at dylanjay.com>
wrote:

> When performing a refresh I've read that the cache gets dumped. I've
> noticed  after a refresh the reference counts to objects don't go down.
> Basically the  entire cache seems to be leaked. Is this by design or is
> it a bug?

hm...is this a big issue since you should never run a production site in
debug mode
and refresh only works in debug mode? *wink*

-aj