[Zope-dev] Refresh and dumping the cache

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 13 15:06:58 EDT 2005

Dylan Jay wrote at 2005-5-13 16:06 +1000:
>When performing a refresh I've read that the cache gets dumped. I've noticed
>after a refresh the reference counts to objects don't go down. Basically the
>entire cache seems to be leaked.

A well known bug -- said to be fixed in Zope 2.8 (because there
the cyclic garbage collector can collect ExtensionClass objects
and therefore get rid of the cyclic cache/content structure).

It is also easily fixable in earlier Zope versions:

   In "ZODB.Connection.Connection._resetCache"
   add "orig_cache.clear()" before
   "self._cache = cache = PickleCache(...)".

>Is this by design or is it a bug?

A bug.

--
Dieter