[Zope-dev] [Interested?] New use for Zope+CMF+Archetypes -- startup time improvements

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat May 14 14:37:46 EDT 2005

Andreas Jung wrote at 2005-5-14 11:00 +0200:
>Although I already worked with pypackage my questions:  is it an optional
>feature or will pypackage take control over all and everything?

Provided that any access to a package relative resource
is converted from "dirname(__file__)" to "package_home"
logic to use or not use "pypackage" could be localized in "package_home"
and (maybe) "OFS.Application.get_products".

>Products
>using __path__ or changing the current directory need to be fixed, right?

"__path__" is a string in a frozen application.
It is likely that any software part that uses "__path__"
currently asumes it to be a list.

Any product that tries the change the current directory to
lie in a ZIP archive or execatable will observe that this
is impossible.

--
Dieter