[Zope-dev] Re: WinBuilders for Zope 2.8

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Tue May 17 04:59:46 EDT 2005

Hi Mark!

Mark Hammond wrote:
> I think we have 2 issues here:
>
> * There is a bug in ZConfig such that if a default is provided for *both*
> hostname and IP, things don't behave as expected.  This bug probably exists
> on all platforms, but is only seen on Windows since it provides defaults for
> the 2 values.

Can't follow you. Please have a look at my summary in Entry #22 of
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507

Tim explained that in Entry #5 of http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1728

> Thus there seem to be 2 ways to move forward:
>
> 1) Remove the different behaviour for Windows.

This is already done (in Zope, not in ZConfig). See
http://svn.zope.org/?view=rev&rev=30303

> 2) Fix the underlying ZConfig error, and document somewhere the reasons for
> the change.

Fred volunteered to resolve the ZConfig issue, see Entry #23 of
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507

Cheers,

	Yuppie