[Zope-dev] proxydict problems in 2.8b2 with Localizer

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon May 23 07:29:08 EDT 2005

I get "TypeError: object does not support item assignment" in  lin 46
och class_init.py.

The offending code is "d['_implicit__name__'] = 1" and this is because
d is a proxydict. This in turn is caused by Localizer having a class
as a class attribute:
    manage_attributesForm = LocalDTMLFile
Apparently, Zope thinks that this class attribute needs a name, but
there isn't one.

This:
    manage_attributesForm._needs_name__ = 0
gets rid of the error, but I don't exactly like it.

Can anybody shed some light on this, so I can figure out what would be
The Right Thing to do?