[Zope-dev] RAMcache and container vs. context

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu May 26 04:12:30 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> I kinda wish the RAMCache manager allowed other things than
> REQUEST variables for differentiation. Arbitrary TALES expressions
> would be nice. Then we could get rid of this hard-coded gunk and
> get the same effect by having context/getPhysicalPath as one
> of the expressions.
>
> But of course then you'd have the opportunity to kill your
> cache performance by making the expressions too expensive.
> Ah well, TANSTAAFL and all that. I'll probably just drop the idea.

I still think it's worth it. Crippling everyone on the basis that stupid
people can hurt themselves is not good logic in my books ;-)

If you could chuck this as a feature request in the collector and assign
it to me, I'd love to work on it if I ever find the time...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk