[Zope-dev] Re[2]: differences in PropertyManager._setPropValue

Victor Safronovich vsafronovich at naumen.ru
Tue Nov 1 08:00:40 EST 2005

Hello Florent Guillaume,

FG> This was changed because have mutable objects stored as properties can lead
FG> to unexpected behavior. Do you mean you have a custom proprty type called
FG> "list"?
    yes, my own property of type 'list'. I don`t find any restriction on type of
    the property, only in comment of the PropertyManager class:

    The 'type' string must be one of the values: 'float', 'int', 'long',
    'string', 'lines', 'text', 'date', 'tokens', 'selection', or
    'multiple section'.

    But PropertyManager support any custom types not only types descriped above.
    For  example Publisher supports ':list' and ':tuple' converters (but only in
    HTTPRequest.processInputs  method,  it  is  impossible  to manage 'list',
    'tuple', 'records' types through converters.py module, pitifully )

FG>  What's your use case for it, and why can't tuple fit the bill ?
    My  code  use  the  'sort'  method of the python list type. Of course this is
    ugly to trust the getProperty result, and my code should be manually convert
    the getProperty result to list.

    of course i repaire my code, but how chould i escape from incompatible behavior
    of  the  zope versions in future? may be write more tests to PropertyManager class? or
    how?

--
Best regards,
 Victor Safronovich