[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/AccessControl/ - converted interface to z3 interface.

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Nov 6 04:11:52 EST 2005

Hi Philipp!

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Log message for revision 39903:
>>   - converted interface to z3 interface.
>>
>> Changed:
>>   D   Zope/trunk/lib/python/AccessControl/IUserFolder.py
>
> I think we should maybe leave the Zope 2 interfaces around for at least
> one release. People with custom user folder implementations might have
> imported this old Zope 2 interface. This change will break their products.

In general I agree. But IStandardUserFolder in IUserFolder.py wasn't a
Zope 2 interface. It was a quite useless base class. If any custom user
folder subclasses from that class - which I don't believe - removing
that base class is all that has to be done to fix that product.

But if people think we should anyway give a warning first I'm fine with
re-adding that file on the trunk.

> By the way, thanks for converting many interfaces to Zope 3 ones. For
> the Zope 2 ones that we're keeping around for a little while before
> throwing them out, have you thought about issuing deprecation warnings?
> zope.deprecation provides a very nice and easy to use framework for
> this. See zope.i18nmessageid/__init__.py for an example.

Thanks for that hint. I'll follow up to this in a separate mail within
the next few days.

Cheers,

	Yuppie