[Zope-dev] Reminder: feature freeze November 1.

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Nov 13 17:07:17 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 16:42 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I don't know if those bugs should prevent a beta or not.  But there
> needs to be some criteria other than feature completeness.

To create the branch or a beta release?  I realize there's a desire to
tie these acts together but still don't fully understand the rationale
for that after rereading your posts as you suggested.  I don't want to
belabor the point, though, so just call "pope" at any time and I'll
stop, at least for today. ;-)

>   Is Zope 2
> really in good shape? Or do people just not care?

Maybe both? ;-)  I'm currently investigating #1685, so that should be
resolved one way or another today.  There is one other public bug that
doesn't appear to be a showstopper.  There are some private bugs too
that I haven't looked at.  I just noticed Phil's post on the zope3 list
where he enumerates what needs to be done for Five/zpkg.  None of that
is in the collector.  There is a Wiki at
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.9/FrontPage .  It
doesn't have much info in it.  I've made it accessible via
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Projects/ now so maybe those who have things
to finish up can enumerate what needs to be done there before a beta can
be released.

- C