[Zope-dev] Re: Reminder: feature freeze November 1.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Nov 13 19:28:16 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 19:05 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Paul Winkler wrote:

> >> OK.  I thought there was going to be a 2.9 branch by now,
> >> but I don't see one.  Is the trunk totally frozen now or what?
> >

> > Yes, no new features.
> >
> >> Is it too late to land my long-forgotten configure changes
> >> as discussed at
> >> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-July/151839.html ?
> >

> > Yes
> >
> > The sooner we're ready for the first beta, the sooner we can
> > make the beta and the branch.  We need more volunteers to help
> > with fixing bugs.
>
> Which bugs?  Sombebody needs to define this, or else risk having the
> "outsiders" just walk away.

I'm not sure what you mean by outsiders.

You're right, someone needs to define this.  For Zope 3, the release
manager goes through the collector and marks bugs that have to be fixed
before the release as critical.  I really don't know what the process
is for Zope 2, but I did not that there were 9 bugs in the collector
marked critical.  In any case, the release manager should make the call.

Jim