[Zope-dev] UI improvements

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Fri Nov 18 09:27:38 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'd like to investigate the possibility of doing some UI improvements to
the Zope Management Interface. Is there someone that is considered the
godfather of the current Zope user interface that I should coordinate with?

The things I want to fix are tiny, but important things. I'm not planning
to rewrite any logic, most of what I want to do is to clean up structures,
more logically organize things (but leave them on the same page), fix
annoying consistency issues and scary behaviour (Update Catalog button
right next to the Clear Catalog button, anyone?) - but leave everything
else alone.

How would I approach this, process-wise? I assume I cut a branch and work
off that, but I'd like to not do too much work that doesn't get used -
hence, I'd like to know whether people have special attachments to the
current way things work and are laid out before I invest time in improving
things.