[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source code repository

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Nov 24 01:29:40 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 00:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > At least no one is expecting to make such big changes by yourself. Being
> > stubborn and refusing to do further contributions, be they large or small,
> > isn't going to get us anywhere. The people who are so far backing up this
> > proposal have nothing but support to offer and you know that.
>
> I am as stubborn refusing this proposal as you are pushing it.

I'm defending my case and trying to answer everybody's concerns. I think that's something
that always happens with controversial proposals and it's definitely different than your
saying "I will always vote -1 on such a move."
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.devel/9819).

> Right now there
> are more -1 votes than +1 votes. Maybe it is time retract the proposal?

It's been out there less than 24 hours. Let's not be hasty. Jim, for one, hasn't said
anything yet.

> Furthermore, I have yet to see contributions for Zope 3 from people using
> Five. We are not even getting bug reports.

Let me refresh your memory about some contributors: Julien, Martijn, Yvo, Florent, Tres,
etc. are all Zope 3 contributors coming from a Zope 2 background. Regarding bugfixes, it
was the Five people, most notably Yvo, who made a bugfix of the X3 3.0 release line
possible.

Philipp