[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RFC: Reunite Zope 2 and Zope 3 in the source coderepository

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Nov 24 05:36:24 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
[snip]
> So you think it is better to loose the existing Zope 3 developers in
> anticipation of more community involvement? This would be Zope 3's death blow
> as we know it, because it would stall Zope 3 for several months. Honestly, I
> rather have less exposure and keep the code base clean.

I don't think that threats to leave and portrayals of utter doom are a
fair way to discuss this, Stephan. I must say I find it extremely ironic
to hear from you that stalling Zope 3 for several months is a death blow
to Zope 3 -- where was this sentiment in the past? :)

Like it or not, merging the repository or not, you'd better get used to
the fact that Zope 2 developers are here in your community and that they
will speak up to let their interests be known. It's in your interest to
make us happy, actually, as we're working to make Zope 3 a better
community and a better system.

Regards,

Martijn