[Zope-dev] Re: DateTime mess

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 03:20:45 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
> +1 on a dedicated migration step. Might even be a chance for some
> other cleanups.

So the process would be something like:

1. Make a FrankenDateTime that uses the pickles of the DateTime, but
the methods of datetime.
2. Make a zope.datetime module with the enhancements we want.
3. Immediately deprecate FrankenDateTime for zope.datetime.
4. Two versions later (2.12) remov the FrankenDateTime and make a
migration step necessary for the continued use of the ZODBs.

Or?

Hmm. I guess step 1 is strictly speaking optional, but then we would
have to live with the broken DateTime for some time...