[Zope-dev] Mountpoints

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:18:53 EDT 2005

[It doesn't look like my response went to the zope-dev list; re-sending.]

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 15:43, Tim Peters wrote:
 > I'm copying Fred because he may remember more about this than I do.
 > Fred, do you know of a reason why I can't stitch a newer ZODB into
 > Zope(2) trunk?  I have a dim, fading memory of the last attempt
 > failing, and of agreeing in email to wait for the "5 guys" to "do
 > something" before trying again.  Sorry for not being more specific ...

We need to do the zpkg/ZODB switch all at once because it affects how
extensions get their include files.  When I tried switching the Zope 2 trunk
before, there was a problem due to Five tests failing.  I don't remember the
details, but the Five-folks seemed to think things would be better with newer
versions of Five.

Since Five development is done elsewhere, though, it's hard to tell what the
deal is with that.  I snapshotted what I did get done as the
zpkg-build-branch, so we can get back to it without duplicating work.

  -Fred

"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner