[Zope-dev] Re: Mountpoints

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Oct 21 11:36:33 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 11:13 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

> > Not really:  a DB's database_name was introduced specifically for the
> > new-in-ZODB-3.5 multidatabase feature, and has no meaning or use apart
> > from its multidatabase role.  That's better explained in the ZConfig
> > <description> section for the key than in the name of the key, though.
>  >
> > If Jim doesn't object soon, I'll proceed with adding a database-name
> > key to ZODB's config.

Note that I don't have a strong opinion about this either way but I will
note that at least Zope 2's subclass of the "zodb" config handler will
need to continue to be willing to use the section title as the database
name for backwards compatibility reasons, as people who have older Zopes
will want to use their older config files (which have zodb_db sections
that have section titles, and no "database-name" key) with new Zope
releases.

- C