[Zope-dev] Experiencing TypeError: The object is not a PySECURITY_ATTRIBUTES object

Chris Mattmann chris.mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 25 12:24:23 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

 I¹m experiencing the following error on windows XP SP2. The error is
described at:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-checkins/2005-June/029495.html

I¹ve installed:

Zope 2.8.3-final for windows from the zope.org site
Plone-2.1.1, just the products from the plone.org site
Python 2.3.5 for windows from the python.org site

Before installing Plone, and having just installed Zope and Python, I can
start Zope without any error. Of course, this is without any Products in my
instance directory. Then, when I stop Zope, then copy the Plone products
over, then try to restart Zope from my $INSTANCE_HOME/bin/runzope.bat
program, I get that PySECURITY_ATTRIBUTES error. I went to the Zope folder
in my Program Files directory and then went to
lib/python/Signals/WinSignalHandler.py, and I notice that the patch applied
to fix this bug appears to have been applied to that file, however, I¹m
still getting the error.

Does anybody have any clue why?

Thanks so much.

Cheers,
  Chris

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann at jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246