[Zope-dev] What from zope.app are you using

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Apr 5 11:29:41 EDT 2006

Hi there,

we don't really want to ship all of zope.app with Zope 2. zope.app is
supposed to be the Zope 3 application server. It shouldn't be included
in Zope 2, especially since it requires twisted and such.

We're therefore moving everything that isn't part of the core Zope 3
application server out of zope.app so that we won't have to include
zope.app in future Zope 2 versions. Perhaps we can deprecate zope.app in
Zope 2.10.

I've compiled a list of zope.app subpackages that are directly used by
Zope2/Five in a proposal: http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/MakeZopeAppSmaller.
I am currently in the process of implementing this proposal on the
jim-adapter branch of Zope 3.

I would like to know what other zope.app packages your 3rd party
software is using. If thereare any other used than the ones mentioned in
 the proposal, we'll have to move them out of zope.app. I'd like to ask
for your help on that, otherwise future Zope 2 versions might not
anymore include the package you're using.

Philipp