[Zope-dev] Re: What from zope.app are you using

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Apr 5 16:28:43 EDT 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Well, CMFonFive uses zope.app.publisher.browser, because that's where
>> the menus hang.
>
> We would like to start using browser menus in Plone

I was asking about current usage, not pious new years resolutions :).

>> CPS uses zope.app.container for the container events and the IAdding
>> interface all over the place.
>
> We may want to reuse zope 3 containment concepts in Archetypes over time.

Off-topic-ness aside, this would not be Archetypes role to play. We
probably want make Zope 3 style containment an alternative to
Acquisition in Zope 2 at some point.

Of course, ideas, proposals and code would be welcome :).

>> And we use zope.app.testing a lot, which you suggested not to move if
>> I understand you correctly.
>
> Anything to make testing easier, please. :)

Bottom line: Stop using zope.app.placelesssetup. If you *are* using it,
it's most probably my fault for telling you to use it.

Philipp