[Zope-dev] Re: z3 server+publication refactor for z2

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:00:14 EDT 2006

FYI there was a couple of hours work done on this today at the sprint in Paris.

It seemed to us the the next necessary step in Sidneis branch was to
make Zope2 traversal adapters for non-zope3 objects. This work has now
started, in the form of refactoring the BaseRequest traversal into
Zope3 type traversal chunks that we can make adapters of.

Current problem: getRole is called with the entry_name unless the
subobject was gotten via a getitem interface, when it's called with
None. As we want to do the getRole part outside of the name traversal,
we don't know in which way the name was gotten. So we need to solve
that tomorrow somehow.

You can check the current status work at
http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/easter-sprint_traversal-refactor/