[Zope-dev] Traversal issue which affects Five

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Apr 20 14:29:30 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote at 2006-4-19 20:13 +0200:
>--On 19. April 2006 18:38:05 +0200 Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
>wrote:
>> Do you accept it? ;-)
>
>As release manager I don't have to dig into every problem. Patches + tests
>are of course accepted if there is some consensus that a proposed solution
>solves the open problem. But I don't have to care about the progress of
>every ongoing issue.

In this case, you may want to say something:

  I proposed the introduction of a new feature ("__bobo_traverse__"
  can tell the containing framework that it should use the default
  by raising a special exception).

  Someone feared that it cannot be added to a micro release as
  it is a new feature (and not only a bug fix).

  I argued that this new feature could be acceptable nevertheless,
  as it affects only components that know about it and use it.
  Otherwise, it is completely inoffensive.

Up to you to decide whether we may break the general rule
("no new features in micro releases") for features of this kind.

--
Dieter