[Zope-dev] Traversal issue which affects Five

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Apr 21 07:09:45 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 20. April 2006 20:29:30 +0200 Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
> wrote:
>

>> Up to you to decide whether we may break the general rule
>> ("no new features in micro releases") for features of this kind.
>>

> We've always included minor features that aren't obviously critical
> micro release. The general rule basically applies applies to really new
> features. If this patch is acceptable and useful for everyone affected
> (Alec?).

I don't have time to comment on the specific issue.

In general, I think that new features in bug-fix releases are a bad idea.
Of course, the line between bug-fix and feature is not always crisp.
Something that is really a new feature should wait for a feature release.

Note that the next feature release should happen in a couple of months.

Jim