[Zope-dev] Re: Re: [ANN] pythonproducts 1.0beta1 released

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at adaptivewave.com
Sun Apr 23 14:33:35 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-23-04 at 19:22 +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> > But there's still the matter of CMF.  At some point I want to get the
> > patches integrated into CMF 1.6 and/or 2.0 but with 1.6 its
> > probably too
> > late and with CMF 2.0 I need to better understand how the FTI stuff
> > works before I can (or if I even should) apply the patches.
>
> Whatever those patches are (I did not look) you should target CMF 2.1
> (the current trunk) and not 1.6/2.0 because those are now in
> maintenance mode. CMF 2.1 will be ready in time for Plone 3.0, that's
> already been decided.

Great news regarding CMF 2.1 and Plone.  Specifically all pythonproducts
does for CMF is patch
CMFCore.TypesTool.TypesTool.listDefaultTypeInformation so that when it
looks up a product it doesn't simply look it up from the Products
package namespace, but it checks all registered product packages (can be
found by scanning Control_Panel/Products).

Maybe you could enlighten me on how much thats used now with CMF 2.0+.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
AdaptiveWave - Content Management as a Service