[Zope-dev] Branches finished for merging.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 04:33:19 EDT 2006

On 4/27/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> Getting rid of ZServer is a fine goal but as long as Twisted is much slower
> (from what I've heard) ZServer has to stay (ZServer is not subject to be
> deprecated at this time).

ZServer will remain the default for now, and it will not be deprecated
unless the community wishes so. I'm guessing the community will want
to sooner or later. ;-)
Twisted is slower, but how much of a difference that makes in real
life applications I don't know. The server is in itself not a very big
performance eater in Zope. There is of course also the option to use
something else that can use WSGI, like for example zope.server, which
is much cleaner than ZServer, and probably therefore easier to
maintain.

> > The risks is that somehow we introduce some subtle behavioural change
> > that isn't tested for.
>
> I would love to see the stuff tested with the major frameworks (CMF 2,
> Plone + CPS) before it will be merged into the trunk.

Sure.