[Zope-dev] Re: request.debug needed for Zope 3 ZPT engine

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Apr 28 09:19:30 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> Several components that we'd like to use in Zope2, such as the
>>> SequenceEngine from Zope3,
>>
>> That's meant to say SequenceWidget, and we already *are* using it in
>> Five, so not supporting request.debug would mean dropping support for
>> SequenceWidget or having to reimplement it.
>
> What is the SequenceWidget? Sounds interesting...

It's a widget for sequence types, such as lists and tuples. Imagine the
following schema were represented as an HTML form:

from zope.interface import Interface
from zope.schema import List, TextLine

class IFoo(Interface):

  alist = List(value_type=TextLine())

SequenceWidget will take care of rendering the widget for the 'alist'
property.

It's all explained in my book :)

Philipp