[Zope-dev] Re: Adding INSTANCE/lib/python to PYTHONPATH

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:17:47 EDT 2006

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Looks like INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python is added to PYTHONPATH at some
> point during startup, but not on the zopectl/runzope scripts.
>
> I've tried installing eggs into INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python and they
> won't load unless it's added to PYTHONPATH at startup time.
>
> Thus, I propose to add INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python to PYTHONPATH on the
> said scripts. Anyone against making this change all the way down to
> Zope 2.9?

we've also seen a need to add an arbitrary path to PYTHONPATH in these
script for situations like using ian bickings workingenv.  workingenv
constrains the execution and installation environment to an arbitrary
directory(no more installing eggs into the site-packages).

Might be nice to have this as an option for mkinstance;  maybe --home to
make it similar to disutils?

-w