[Zope-dev] Next step on Blobs?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 11:12:41 EST 2006

On 12/17/06, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> Nope, not yet. I don't have any plans for Zope 2, but I'll be working on
> the Zope 3 side.
> - Make the existing File implementation use blobs
>
>   This would be good so people see how to use them and get blobs widely
>   exposed. Ideally, the Zope beta releases would uncover problems with
>   existing applications/installations.

There's more than one of these.  zope.file was intended to use blobs
when they come along, so I'd suggest that making that support blobs
directly, with backward compatibility for the existing structure, is
the right way to go.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca